from Aaron Carter beloved dog Zelda is in good hands.
The late singer’s 3-year-old German Shepherd now lives with fiancee Melanie Martin’s family, according to TMZ.
The outlet reports that Melanie’s sister, Jennifer Martin, and her fiancé, Max, took the pup in one day after Carter tragically passed away. found dead in his bathtub at the age of 34, with Zelda by his side.
The pair said it “felt good to take Zelda in” because Melanie was “going through a lot” after the former child star passed away on Nov. 5.
“[Zelda] seemed in shock when she was found… nervous and scared,” the couple told TMZ, adding that she is now “a lot better” after the traumatic incident.
The pair also noted that she “will not be fixed, but they don’t want any more pups” because Zelda has already had two litters.
Carter also fathered another dog named Karma. TMZ reports that she was “not as shocked as Zelda” and was rehomed to one of Jennifer’s co-workers.
Earlier this week, Carter’s former manager Taylor Helgeson told Page Six that cyberbullying slowly “degraded” the singer during a certain time.
“It was like a nightmare,” Helgeson said of the constant hatred the late “I Want Candy” singer received. “It was non stop. It was so relentless and, yes, it did him good.
Helgeson also told us that Aaron didn’t get into a fight with his older brother, Nick Carterafter their years of public feud.
“I know they had plans… to get together, to forgive,” the manager said of his relationship with the Backstreet Boys member.
“I don’t know exactly when, but I know they wanted to – that was the idea.”
Nick, 42, wrote an emotional tribute to his brother, writing in part, “Even though my brother and I have had a complicated relationship, my love for him has never faded.”
“I always held onto the hope that somehow he would one day want to walk a healthy path and finally find the help he so desperately needed,” he continued. “Sometimes we want to blame someone or something for a loss. But the truth is that addiction and mental illness are the real culprit here.”
Aaron was reportedly surrounded by compressed air canisters and pill bottles when he died. His official cause of death has yet to be revealed, pending toxicology results.