November 26, 2022
Syracuse, NY – Justin Brazeau posted two goals while Luke Toporowski and Mike Callahan scored two points on a goal and assist, leading the Providence Bruins to a 5-3 victory over Friday night’s Syracuse Crunch at Upstate Medical University Arena. Brazeau’s first goal tied the game, leading to Toporowski’s winner just 1:28 later. Samuel Asseline also scored his second goal in as many games.
How it happened
- Daniel Walcott found the puck in a scrum from the throw-in at the bottom of the right circle and sneaked past the top shelf to open the scoring for the Crunch with 13:44 left in the first period.
- Providence tied the game at 1-1 with 6:26 left in the first period after Callahan faked a shot from the point and ripped a wrist shot that went high on the glove. Josiah Didier and Fabian Lysel were credited with assists on goal.
- Asselin gave the P-Bruins a 2-1 lead on the power play after Toporowski slid the puck across the ice to the right circle, where Asselin fired a single shot into an open goal with 4:39 left in the first period. Jack Achcan also got an assist on goal.
- Gemel Smith tied the game at 2–2 on the power play after finding a rebound backdoor and backhanding it into the net with 3:22 left in the first period.
- The Crunch took a 3-2 lead when Darren Raddysh fired a shot from the bottom of the short side right circle from an off angle with 7:27 left in the second period.
- Brazeau tied the game at 3-3 with 17:56 left in the third period, grabbed a rebound up front and stopped a top shelf shot from above the crease. Callan and John Beecher were credited with assists on goal.
- Just 1:28 after the Brazeau goal, Toporowski caught a feed Oscar Stone on a 2-on-0 and fired a wrist shot from inside to give the P-Bruins a 4-3 lead with 16:28 left in the third period. Connor Carrick also got an assist on goal.
- Brazeau scored his second goal of the game off an empty net with 1:26 left in the third to give the P-Bruins a 5–3 lead. Joanna Koppanen and Carrick got assists on target.
- Beecher’s assist extended his point streak to two games.
- Carrick has four assists in his last two games.
- Asselin has goals in his last two games with three points in that period.
- Brazeau also has points in two games in a row.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 38 of the 41 shots he faced. Providence made a total of 40 shots in the game.
- P-Bruins’ power play went 1-for-5 and the penalty kill was 1-for-2.
The P-Bruins take on the Syracuse Crunch at Upstate Medical University Arena for the second time in as many days on Saturday, November 26. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 PM ET.