On Tuesday, February 14 at 11 a.m. PT, @eWEEKNews will host its monthly #eWEEKChat. The topic will be Why is Multicloud So Difficult?, and it will be moderated by James Maguire, eWEEKs Chief editor.
We discuss – with the help of Twitter – the many challenges of building and managing a multicloud Efford. Our ultimate goal: to provide guidance to enterprises on how to get the most out of their cloud platforms.
How to participate: On Twitter, use the hashtag #eWEEKChat to follow or participate in the discussion. But it is easier and more efficient to use the real-time chat room link on CrowdChat.
Instructions are on the Why is multicloud so difficult? Log in at the top right, use your Twitter account to register. The chat begins promptly at 11 AM PT. The page will come alive at that point with the real-time discussion. You can join in or just follow the discussion as it unfolds.
Special guests: Why is multicloud so difficult?
The list of experts for this month’s Tweet chat currently includes the following: check back later for more expert guests:
Chat room real time link: Go to the Crowdchat page. Sign in with your Twitter handle and use #eweekchat for the identifier.
Tweet chat Questions: Why is multicloud so difficult?
The questions we tweet about include: come back for more/revised questions:
- How would you describe the current state of the multicloud market? Are companies generally satisfied?
- What key trends are driving the multicloud sector here in early 2023?
- What are the most annoying multicloud challenges today? Is cost the biggest problem?
- How do you recommend tackling these challenges?
- What Best Practices advice would you give to companies to optimize a multicloud deployment?
- What about multicloud and a related technology? Like Edge or AI? How does multicloud interact/control with that related technology?
- Will multicloud ever kill the data center? Shouldn’t the cloud have made the data center obsolete now?
The future of multicloud? What will it look like in 5 years?
One last big thought on multicloud: what else should managers/buyers/providers know about cloud?
#eWEEKchat Preliminary schedule for 2023*
Jan. 17: Challenges in data analytics
February 14: Why is multicloud so difficult?
March 14: AI in the Enterprise
April 18: Future of Edge Computing
May 16: Best Practices in Data Analytics
June 13: Pros and Cons of Low Code / No Code
*all topics are subject to change